• Anoles are insectivores, meaning their diet consists primarily of live insects.
• Crickets are a primary source of food, but Anoles benefit from a variety of different items in their diet, so it is important to alternate the insects being fed.
• Clean food and water bowls daily.
and occasional waxworms
Offer food once daily to every other day.
Offer only enough to be consumed by
the end of the day.
* Insects should be dusted with a calcium supplement twice weekly and a multivitamin once weekly
**Crickets should be fed gut-loaded diet (commercially available nutrient-dense diet) prior to being fed to the reptile to ensure they have the proper nutrients for a healthy reptile diet.
• Anoles will drink from a shallow dish and lick moisture from their skin; mist your pet every other day with warm water.
• Water bowls should be emptied and refilled daily.
Use caution when handling pets and remember that all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Avoid picking up your pet by the tail as it may fall off. Supervise children around pets. Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands before and after handling your pet or cleaning his home.