Crocodile Gecko (Tarentola mauritanica)
Experience Level: Intermediate
Nutrition and Maintenance
• Crocodile Geckos are insectivores meaning their diet consists primarily of insects.
• Crocodile Geckos benefit from a variety of different items in their diet so it is important to alternate the insects being fed.
• They require calcium supplementation as part of their diet and may benefit from a reptile multivitamin.
• Crocodile Geckos are best fed at night.
• Clean food and water bowls daily.
Offer food once daily.
Offer only enough to be
*Insects should be dusted with a calcium supplement
**Crickets should be fed a gut-loaded diet (commercially
• Crocodile Geckos will drink from a shallow dish and lick moisture from their skin; mist your pet every other day with warm water.
• Water bowls should be emptied and refilled daily.
Use caution when handling pets, as all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Avoid picking up your pet by the tail, as it may fall off. Supervise children around pets. These geckos are fast so handle carefully to avoid escape.
Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands before and after handling your pet or cleaning their habitat.