Eyelash Crested & Gargoyle Gecko
Experience Level: Beginner
Nutrition and Maintenance
• These geckos are omnivores, meaning their diet consists a combination of insects and fruits.
• They require calcium supplementation as part of their diet and may benefit from a reptile multivitamin.
• Clean food and water bowls daily.
• Prepared diet should be fed from a bowl to avoid accidental ingestion of the substrate.
Commercially prepared diet
or pureed fruit diet.
Once to twice weekly.
*Insects should be dusted with calcium supplement twice weekly, and a reptile multivitamin once weekly.
**Crickets should be fed a gut-loaded diet (commercially available nutrient-dense diet) prior to being fed to the reptile to ensure they have the proper nutrients for a healthy reptile diet.
• These geckos will drink from a shallow dish an lick moisture from their skin; mist your pet every other day with warm water.
• Water bowls should be emptied and refilled daily.
Use caution when handling pets and remember that all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Avoid picking up your pet by the tail as it may fall off. Supervise children around pets.
Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands before and after handling your pet or cleaning his home.