Panther Gecko (Paroedura pictus)
Experience Level: Beginner
Nutrition and Maintenance
• Panther Geckos are insectivores, meaning their diet consists primarily of insects.
• Panther Geckos benefit from a variety of different items in the diet so it is important to alternate the insects being fed.
• They require calcium supplementation as part of their diet and may benefit from a reptile multivitamin.
• Panther Geckos are best fed at night.
Offer food daily to every other day
Offer only enough to be
consumed by the end of
*Insects should be dusted with calcium supplement twice a week, and a multivitamin once a week.
**Crickets should be fed a gut-loaded diet (commercially available nutrient-dense diet) prior to being fed to the reptile to ensure they have the proper nutrients for a healthy reptile diet.
• Panther Geckos will drink from a shallow dish and lick moisture from their skin; mist your pet every other day with warm water.
• Water bowls should be emptied and refilled daily.
Use caution when handling pets and remember that all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Avoid picking up your pet by the tail as it may fall off. Supervise children around pets.
Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands before and after handling your pet or cleaning his home.