Reptile Habitat Setup Guide
Reptile Habitat Set Up Guide
1. Use a commercially prepared reptile habitat cleaner or distilled water (helps prevent spots on the glass) to wash all products that will come in contact with your pet, including the terrarium, decor and food and water bowls.
2. Place the stand in desired location and then place terrarium on the stand. Moving terrariums after set-up is difficult due to the weight.
3. Add appropriate substrate following substrate package directions and individual pet Care Guides.
4. Place decor and food and water dishes in the habitat.
5. Attach scenic background paper to the outside back panel of the terrarium, if desired.
6. Attach thermometers and hygrometers to the inside back panel of the terrarium (see individual pet Care Guides for location).
7. Position appropriate lighting and heating over the terrarium and add timer, if desired. Monitor the temperature and humidity levels closely to ensure appropriate levels are being met before adding your pet.
8. Add your new pet.
SAFETY & CLEANLINESS
• Use caution when handling pets and remember that all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Supervise children around pets.
• Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands with soap and water before and after handling your pet, their food or cleaning their home. Adults should assist children with hand washing.
• Persons at an increased risk for health concerns (children, pregnant women, people with compromised immune systems, infirm or elderly), should use caution when in contact with the pet or its habitat.
• Do not clean terrariums in the kitchen or food preparation areas.
• Do not release pets into the wild as they most likely will not survive and may impact the native environment.