White-Line & Golden Gecko
Experience Level: Intermediate
Nutrition and Maintenance
• Golden and White-line Geckos are mainly insectivores, meaning their diet consists primarily of live insects. However, they will occasionally enjoy fruit.
• Crickets are the primary food source, but these geckos benefit from a variety of different items in their diet. Alternate the type of insects being fed.
• They require calcium supplementation in their diet and may benefit from a reptile multivitamin.
• These geckos will also eat fruit as a small portion of their diet.
Daily to every other day.
Offer only enough to be
consumed by the end of the day.
Fruit baby food,
Once to twice weekly.
Remove excess food and clean bowl
after four hours.
*Insects should be dusted with calcium supplement twice weekly, and a reptile multivitamin once weekly.
**Crickets should be fed a gut-loaded diet (commercially available nutrient-dense diet) prior to being fed to the reptile to ensure they have the proper nutrients for a healthy reptile diet.
• These geckos will drink from a shallow dish and lick moisture from their skin; mist your pet every day with warm water.
• Water bowls should be cleaned and refilled daily.
These geckos are very fast and have delicate skin. Use caution when handling pets and remember that all pets may bite or scratch especially when stressed. Avoid picking up your pet by the tail as it may fall off. Supervise children around pets.
Pets may transmit disease to humans; be sure to wash your hands before and after handling your pet or cleaning his home.