Dogs of all ages need routine vaccinations to help them stay healthy. Your dog's vaccination schedule will vary based on his age, overall health, state regulations, vaccination type and risk of exposure.
In general, puppies usually need several sets of vaccination boosters to provide them with as much protection as possible. Adult dogs that are properly vaccinated should receive yearly boosters for most vaccines.
The following vaccines are the most important to your canine companion's health:
- Distemper/Parvo Combination - protects against several potentially fatal diseases
- Rabies - protects against the very serious disease that can be fatal to all mammals (including humans)
- Bordetella (also known as Kennel Cough) - helps prevent or reduce the severity of this serious respiratory infection that can lead to pneumonia
- Corona Virus - protects against the intestinal virus that can cause serious disease
- Lyme Disease - protects against the serious, tick-borne disease
- Giardia - protects against a potentially serious digestive parasite