Wet and Dry Cat Food
Many Pet Parents wonder if it's better to provide their cat a diet from a can or from a bag -- that is, feed their cat moist or dry food. Truth be told, most cats can thrive on any cat specific diet -- be it dry or canned--as long as it's complete and balanced for the special feline needs.
The following outlines a few major benefits of both wet and dry cat foods.
|Wet Food Benefits
||Dry Food Benefits
- Because it tends to be higher in fat, wet food is more palatable, attracting finicky eaters or cats that are ill and would otherwise not eat
- The higher moisture content aids in hydration (important for cats that may have early kidney disease)
- If your cat takes medication, wet food may be the only means to ensure the medicine is consumed
- Crunchy texture help keep pet's teeth clean (though it's not a substitute for periodic teeth cleaning)
- Greater amounts of fiber beneficial for healthy digestion
- Greater choices available for specific health needs
- Great for free-feeding as it won't dry out like moist food